Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Stand for Lucy

Rock & Rose is a really cool Live Music Venue in New York City located on 53rd street and 2nd ave. My friend Tim No. 37 is a promoter and bartender there so I decided to go check it out.  They have really cool bands that come and perform and they also do karaoke.  
Well one night during karaoke I met Derek Nicholas the guy on the right playing guitar. I didn't know he was in a band, he was just a cool dude. Little did I know he played in Last Stand for Lucy
I thought these guys sounded crisp.  "Robert Smith (The Cure) has always had a great way of articulating simple ideas by making his lyrics very accessible” says singer Mike O'Neil. "I’m pretty honest. I just want to say what I need to say to get my message across."  In the album's feature single, “Heartless Son of a Bitch”, O’Neil’s piercing accessibility couldn't be more pronounced: "That face that you wear,  This hole in my chest, In constant repair, This plays out just like the rest." The album songs demonstrate the band's ability to combine passionate vocals, heartbreaking lyrics, guitar hooks and edgy beats into versatile and popular music. "I think Joy Division had a way of making room for both vocal and guitar hooks in their songwriting," says guitarist, Derek Nicholas. 
Everyone had a great time at the Pajama Jam.
This is Chris Moss, (who invited me) he plays bass for the August Infinity
he's a great guy from Alabama!
Michael O'Neil (vocals, guitar, left)  Derek Nicholas (guitar, right) 

Last Stand for Lucy
http://www.reverbnation.com/laststandforlucy


all the best,

~Country Boy


303 E. 53rd St.
2nd Avenue
NY, NY
212.758.3818



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...