Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

 
It's my favorite time of year!  I love the Holidays!  I love decorating for Christmas.  So, I was so excited to decorate a tree for our NY apartment.  In previous years, our apartment was way too small for any sort of Christmas decorations.  So, this year I finally decided to do a Christmas tree.  Don't get me wrong, our apartment is still super small and we don't have room for a big tree.  A mini tree would be all that would fit. 

So, last year after Christmas I purchased this mini tree on clearance.  

I thought it would be perfect to put in our window seal.
  
But I was very surprised to see what it looked like, once I took it out of the box...
It's LIME GREEN!  Not a beautiful Evergreen like the picture!  I was so disappointed.  It is truly the definition of a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.  It's so sad looking!  :(  
My heart was broken.

Since it is a mini tree, I knew my regular Christmas ornaments wouldn't work.  So, I decided to go to the $.99 store to see what I could find for a bargain.
I found the sequin balls, the silver star garland, ornament hooks, extension cord (to plug in the tree), and silver bells all for a total of $5.00. 
The miniature silver glass ball set, I already owned.  The Snowflake ornaments I bought at Crate&Barrel, so they weren't from the $.99 store, but still a good deal at $9.99 for a set of 24 ornaments.  

I was hoping that all of these little touches would make a Big difference.  

And here it is...
Pretty good, huh?!?!?  We are so pleased with our little Christmas tree. 

Just like Charlie Brown's tree, with a little love and care, the tree turned out beautiful!  

Just for fun, here is the tree with a little fake snow and sparkle, courtesy of photoshop.  :)
   
and here is a sentimental Black and White version. :)

How is your Christmas decorating coming along?  All finished?

Can't wait to hear all about it.
~City Belle



2 comments:

  1. Guys,
    Your tree is beautiful. I love it.
    Linda Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree, I'll have to send you a pic of our mini-tree. Oh, the joys of living in an NYC apartment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...