Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Breakfast @ Tiffany's is 50

movieline.com
Just like most girls, I covet that little blue box.  Just the word Tiffany evokes glamour and prestige.  Truman Capote captured the love of Tiffany's and all things glamorous in the iconic film Breakfast at Tiffany's starring the amazing Audrey Hepburn.  The film turned 50 just a few days ago.  To honor the anniversary, there was a screening at Lincoln Center durning NY Fashion Week.  I am sure it was filled with fashionistas and Holly Golightly-wanna-bes.  Too bad I couldn't go, I'm sure it was amazing. 
 I would love to see this film on the big screen.   
 But, I guess I'll settle for the 50th anniversary Blu Ray from Amazon.  
This will have to go on my Christmas wishlist.  
via Google Images
I did, however, recently add this book to my growing library.  It's the book Fifth Avenue, 5 am by Sam Wasson.  I haven't read it yet, but I'm excited to read the behind the scenes story of Breakfast at Tiffany's.  I'll let you know how it is.

Happy 50th to Breakfast at Tiffany's!

Until next time, 
City Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...