Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

HBD Andy!!

Photo:Classictvprogram.com

Y'all know the theme song, if this blog had sound I'd be whistling it right now!  Being from North Carolina, everyone knew the Andy Griffith Show.  It was a family favorite in the City Belle household. So, when I found out that the show first aired today October 3, 1960, I had to do a post in honor of this classic.

For those of you who need a refresher course on this TV Classic, here is an excerpt from Wikipedia:
The Andy Griffith Show is an American sitcom first televised by CBS between October 3, 1960 and April 1, 1968. Andy Griffith portrays a widowed sheriff in a fictional small community of MayberryNorth Carolina. His life is complicated by an inept but well-meaning deputy, Barney Fife (Don Knotts), a spinster aunt and housekeeper, Aunt Bee (Frances Bavier), and a young son, Opie (Ron Howard, billed as Ronny). 
Photo:Morethings.com
This show was a feel-good sitcom with small town charm.  Some may think it gave NC a bad rep, but I think it portrays the wholesome kind of lifestyle that my aunts and my Dad got to experience growing up in the 50s and 60s.  I loved everything about it and it brings back all of those feelings of nostalgia.  My papaw loved this show and all the characters, especially the crazy Barney Fife!  I remember coming home from school and watching it with him.
Photo:Charlotteobserver
Even though, many think the show was shot in NC near Pilot Mountain, it was actually filmed in Culver City, California.  The studio that filmed the show was Desilu productions (Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball)! Sound familiar?!  How cool is that?!  The Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy are connected!!!

Check out this family fave "Citizens Arrest" episode from youtube.


Okay who is your favorite character on the show and why?

Until next time,
~City Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...