Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Come Fly with me... Let's fly away...


Photo: Coins4me.com
Hey Y'all!  I earned my first pair of wings when I was in 3rd grade.  My mom, sister, and I went to Seattle, WA to visit my grandfather.  While we were there, we drove to Vancouver, Canada.  It was my first "big trip" and my first time out of the country.  It was amazing!
I had officially caught the 'travel bug'.  
Since today is a day that honors 2 NC brothers for National Aviation Day,  I thought I would list a few of the things I love about Aviation.

1) I Love NC and NC was 1st in Flight - The Wright Brothers Kitty Hawk, NC.  
Today is Orville Wright's Birthday.  NC Represents!
Photo: Art.com
Check it out- it was featured in the NY Herald in 1903.

Photo: Blog.RareNewspapers.com

2) I love aviation Movies... hello, Top Gun is a classic!  
That is when we all 1st fell in love with Tom Cruise (and then thought he was a weirdo 25 years later)!
Photo: Top Gun, Eightiesonline.com
3) I love Aviator Shades- the Classic Ray-Bans of course.
Ray-Ban Limited Edition Ultra Gold Aviator         Photo: Ray-Ban

Rockin the Aviators
3) Also love the Leather Aviator Jacket- how about this one from Members Only, pretty cool. Remember when we used to wear the nylon Members Only jackets when we were kids?
Photo: Members Only
4) How about awesome Love songs about Flying... "Come Fly with Me" by Frank Sinatra
There is nothing better than kicking back and listening to good 'ol frankie. 

Photo: Amazon.com
 5) Last, but not least, I love Aviation, because it allows me to travel to all the wonderful places in this world.  I have had the opportunity to travel the globe, from NC to Sri Lanka and all places in between. I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Sign me up and I will go anywhere! 
I'm ready to Jet Set. -City Belle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...