Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hot in the City


Ya know, sometimes living in NYC is not what its cracked up to be.  We live in a small 1 Bedroom apt with a tiny little air conditoner that is supposed to cool the entire apt.  However, this has been the hottest summer on record and our tiny little AC will not cool our apt.  So, yesterday the AC just decided to stop working.  Just out of the blue, said, "Im tired of trying to keep this place cool."  So, Country Boy and I suffered all night last night without sleeping a wink.  We were so hot, we were sticking to the sheets.  Gross.  And today, still no AC.  On top of that, it came a huge rain storm which brings crazy humidity.  Just great.
How do you like our ghetto fan system? 

What I wouldn't give for some central AC to keep me so cool that I have chill bumps and a glass of Sweet Tea!  Instead we ventured out in the storm to go eat sushi in Union Square.  It was good, but we got soaking wet and the restaurant wasn't very cool either. I guess none of the ACs want to work today.


So, I guess on days like today, I have to be thankful that I have a roof over my head and a dry place to sleep.  It would be really nice to have a cool dry place to sleep!  :)

-Hot Child in the City,
City Belle

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. Although we do have a pretty good AC in our apartment, the bill is incredibly high. It's so funny that one-bedroom apartments in the city get so hot so fast and cost more to cool than my parents entire house in NC!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...