Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hail to the Redskins!

         Well we finally got to see my beloved Redskins play the New York Jets on Friday night.  I can't say that it was as amazing as I had envisioned but nonetheless it was fun and exciting.  The stadium is brand new in the Meadowlands of New Jersey but I gotta say it's bland at best.  The place has no character or identity.  The obnoxious Giants fans call it theirs and the Jets fans claim it as their own.  It's confusing to say the least.  Plus a New York team being in New Jersey just doesn't add up.
       So it's Hail to the Redskins for Country Boy and City Belle!!!  Growing up in NC before the Panthers, there were the Redskins and I have stayed loyal ever since.  My mother pulled for them and in 1991 we won the Super Bowl.  I'll never forget, I was 11 years old.  Anyway, our journey there to the stadium started at Port Authority on 42nd street and it was quite the "trip."  City Belle and I got round trip bus tickets to the stadium for 10 bucks that dropped us off right in front.  A pretty good deal in Manhattan or anywhere for that matter. Here's a good shot of the City from our bus on the way to see the Redskins.
As you can see it was a perfect day for a football game.


Die-Hards on the bus
ahh man hey!  Where ya'll going?!??! 
Ok that's better!
 Lil' Skin
Pledge of allegiance 
 

  
It may have been a preseason game but it was a packed house.
Redskins representing in NJ
I got in trouble for this shot.  (snuck up too close) 
D McSlab,  our savior.  (he's a bum)
Thee man


Clinton
Haynesworth-less and D Hall
And for the grand finale!!!  11 dollar french fries!!!!!


All in all we had a great time.  Thank you City Belle for making this such a wonderful experience. 


~Country Boy



2 comments:

  1. I am surprised Napoleon Snyder did not want to see your ID so he could charge you a tariff for being from out of town. $11.00 for that skimpy couple of stale nasty french fries? I am so glad I gave up our families season tickets after having them since 1957 at ole Griffith Stadium, RFK then Fed Up Field. Snyder is one of the sneakiest and crummiest owners in the league for his fans, I just wish he would sell the team to somebody that knows and has football sense because he is way SHORT of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sideswiped! You are wise beyond your years brother. The Jets stadium was ugly and I wish I had been in D.C. Yes Darth Snyder is an evil genius that makes money regardless if we win or lose. :( Loved hearing from you and I hope you decide to follow our blog. ~Country Boy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...